And so it begins

True. But I’m unaware of such a case.

Russian drivers have taken en masse to installing dash cams in their cars to defend themselves from insurance fraud “accidents” in court or to record evidence if they are in an accident. It’s the reason that most all of the recordings of spectacular meteors or really odd ball traffic accidents on You-Tube come from Russia.
Some bicyclists in the U.S. have also been wearing helmet cams while riding to record evidence to bring against motorists who run them off the road.

Unfortunately, Mike, it's already been demonstrated that autos can be hacked into. So the comments is moot.

My point is…if the car companies put much thought into security they could easily make the vehicles very very difficult (if not impossible) to break in. Obviously that it was so easy to break in…Chryco chose not to.

They seem to be addressing the issue now, Mike.
Difficult? Definitely possible.
Impossible? I can’t accept that. But if “difficult” prevents all but a very few of the potential hacks, I can accept it. Nothing is perfect. I don’t accept that any system cannot be hacked, but if the size of the population that can do so is reduced to only a few geniuses, it’s acceptable.

You make it impossible by removing the remote access. Or by not allowing the remote access to have access to every aspect of your vehicle.

I can GUARANTEE that can make my computer hack proof. Disconnect it from the internet.

Right @MikeInNH We have an enterprise antivirus, and symantec comes on some computers. After removing symantec the message paraphrase "If you are worried about internet security disconnect your network cable."
We are not going backwards to no computers, but going forwards in the unstoppable stream towards computer controls. Hacks need to have a way to be disabled.

Many cars now connect via bluetooth to phones, now let this scare you. I am looking into protection and It will be an android app that only receives texts from people in your contacts, or forwards text messages to our non android (zimbra exchange server email)

Info including credit card numbers stored can be harvested.

"Here’s how the attack would work: The bad guy creates a short video, hides the malware inside it and texts it to your number. As soon as it’s received by the phone, Drake says, “it does its initial processing, which triggers the vulnerability.”

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2015/07/27/426613020/major-flaw-in-android-phones-would-let-hackers-in-with-just-a-text

"Here's how the attack would work: The bad guy creates a short video, hides the malware inside it and texts it to your number. As soon as it's received by the phone, Drake says, "it does its initial processing, which triggers the vulnerability."

I’m amazed the Android can be attacked that way. Hiding a virus in an image file or video is a known hack. Been around for at least a decade. Android should have known better.

You make it impossible by removing the remote access. Or by not allowing the remote access to have access to every aspect of your vehicle.

I can GUARANTEE that can make my computer hack proof. Disconnect it from the internet.

This was my point. Allowing a connection from the infotainment section to the drivetrain control section is just plain ignorant. Yes, feel free to update my GPS maps on the fly. But allowing a knothole to the ECM/PCM/BCM firmware is just ASKING for trouble. Guess what, you have to come in to get this firmware changed. <-period