An almost classic car - What's it worth

For serious Lincoln Mark Series people only. Original owner, all paper work (including original purchase order), 42,000 miles, garaged, 1975 Mark V, Cartier Blue Diamond Edition. My aunt is moving to another city (closer to the rest of the family) and wants to sell the above car. I’ve a pretty good idea what it ought to be worth (the word creampuff comes to mind) since I’ve seen it and driven it a couple of times for her. It is pristine (original spare with velour cover in the trunk - no cracks in the rubber). It is time for it to go. I’m going to be taking it to Hot August Nights party/car show in Reno, Nevada next week, but really have no idea what to be asking. Can y’all help?

You might get an idea from Hemmin’s Motor News (stop by the local bookstore) or even EBay.

• mountainbike

If you don’t want to go to the bookstore for a copy of Hemming’s Motor News, try their website at www.Hemmings.com

1975 LINCOLN MARK IV Dsp/HP Eng Fair Good Exc Show
2D HARDTOP 1972-76 460/224 V8 3,800 7,600 12,000 17,000
Add: Designer 10%, Lux group 10%

This is the Manheim Gold book information. You have to be a dealer to access this, so you probably won’t find this on the Internet. I have no idea where they come up with these numbers, but they will at least give you an idea of the cars value. Keep in mind any car is worth exactly what someone will pay for it. I can’t imagine there is much collector demand for your car, but who knows.

This is either a Mark IV (which was produced until 1976) or a Mark V (produced from 1977-79). Although both of these models are nice, it will probably be a few more years before they become really collectible (even for a cream puff example). As someone said above, look into Hemmings Motor News.

Thanks, y’all. I’ll try Hemmings.com.