Alternator replaced twice on a 2003 Jetta, WTH!?

I recently purchased a 2003 Jetta GLS w/ 53K. After a week, I was driving the car and it shut off while waiting for a light. I turned it back on and it was fine. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the alternator and generator. The second week I decided to plug a car vac while the car was off. I turned the car on and while idling it shut off. It turned right back on. I drove half a block and it shut off again. At this point I was a block away from the dealer and took her in. They had to replace the alternator again! They showed me the readings from the diagnostic tests and they were low when I brought her in. Luckily I don’t have to pay for this now, cause I’m still under the 60 day warranty. Is it really normal for them to replace an alternator twice in 2 weeks?! I don’t want to have to pay for the same issue in the future or else they can take the car back!

Short of using a different tech/shop, the REASON the vehicle shuts off is NOT being addressed.

The battery can’t be discharging or you wouldn’t have been able re-start the engine after it stalled.

Not likely the alternator AND generator would be changed as it only has an alternator.

There are many reasons for why an engine dies, a dirty IAC for one. Perhaps the Idle Air Control valve needs replacing or cleaning and same be applied to the throttle body.

When was the last time the fuel filter was replaced?

I just bought the car, so I don’t know when the fuel filter was replaced. The only thing that came on the up on the Car Fax was in 2003 when the first owner purchased the car, the alternator, regulator and battery were replaced. So I figured, since it’s a six year old car,it was probably time tp be replaced…who knows.

Have the shop make sure the alternator isn’t putting out a full charge all the time. This would damage the alternator after time.

This does NOT sound like a Alternator problem to me. If the car died because of the alternator…then you would NOT have been able to restart it.