All charged up and it wont go

I have a 97 Sable that runs like a charm. I went to start it, and nothing, battery took a long charge. Lights and radio, etc were working at the start of the charge, now over half way through charge, and when I turn the key, it does not even go click click, any ideas?

Try removing both ends of the battery cables (both of them) and cleaning both the cable and where it goes very well and reattaching making sure they are secure.

Try shifting the trans into neutral and attempting to restart it. With no solenoid click, you may have a faulty neutral safety switch.

Another possibility is that the electrical part of the ignition switch has failed.
The switches are plastic and the cabin fan current is routed through the switch rather than a relay. This high current draw creates heat which can burn or distort the switch housing.

A big Thanks to OK4450 It dii start in neutral, and now in Park. I have a 2 Day dog show this weekend, and was in a panic, so much cost these days, hardly can afford the gas LOL. Thanks again