Alignment

I recently got four new tires (Michelin Primacy) for my Hyundai Azera and it was riding very well. Two days later I took it to the dealer for alignment and afterwards the car is pulling to the left. I went bank in and they redid the alignment and mentioned that the steering wheel was off-set (I do not think so). The car is still pulling to the left I can hear the road noise and my gas milage has gone down. Any suggestions?

Sometimes the shop’s alignment machines are out of calibration. Since resetting these machines cost money some equipment is maintained better than others. Either the equipment is off, or the tech is doing a poor job. I would ask for my money back for the alignment and take it to another shop. This alignment is off and another shop needs to redo it correctly.

Go elsewhere and have it redone. Tell them the history as you’re related it here, but also tell them you want to have it checked for the road noise and the pulling. Selecet a place that also has the capability to do “road force balancing” (ask first). You may have a tire with an internal defect that’s causing the noise, the pulling, and the reduced mileage.

Or, you could switch the right and left wheels, se if the “pull” switches sides, and go back and demand a replacement tire for the bad one. If they have the ability to do road force balancing, you could make them test the tires.

Get it done soon, if it’s noisy and cutting mpgs it’s scrubbing those new tires off quickly, very bad for them.

This is why I alway recommend against getting an alignment unless there is a good reason to do it. If the old tires wore even, lasted a long time and the vehicle tracks straight and smooth, it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

I’m with Keith. Some cars go a lifetime without ever needing realignment. Yet some folks recommend it as an annual essential service.

Anyway, it’s done. And not very well. You need to show up elsewhere for another go. Mention the history of this case so that they will check for specific problems.

If you could post the specs from the printout that may reveal why this is happening.
It could be that what you notice now is a tire bias pull. This may have been offset originally by the front end being out of alignment. Now that the front end is (allegedly) in line the tire pull shows itself.

The steering wheel offset is caused by something bent or worn in the suspension (miles, collision, ???), or by not compensating for this during the alignment. That would involve adjusting the tie rods on each side and should be part of the alignment.

Hopefully they checked the tire pressure as a first step. New tires do not necessarily mean the pressure is correct for whatever reason.

If this appears to be a tire bias pull then swap the 2 fronts from side to side to see if the pull goes away; unless they’re directional tires o

Are the tires worn abnormally? If so this could be the reason it’s pulling in one direction.

One alignment shop recommended to me by my brake guys aligns to center of spes, not just within specs. I wonder what most alignment places would say about that practice.