Air Only Blowing out of Top Vents on 2009 Buick Enclave

Hey guys,
I’m new to the forum and any advice you could give me would be a big help. I took my Enclave in to get the rack and pinion steering change out for a new one, which was about two weeks ago. I’ve had the car back for about a week, and the day before yesterday, the air stopped blowing out of my top vents, and only comes out of the bottom. Do you think this problem is related to the recent repair, or do you think it’s completely unrelated. Do you guys have any ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks again for any advice.

I don’t know a lot but it sounds like you have a damper either not opening or closing to redirect the air flow. In the old days these were all vacuum control but they may be electrical motors now. So go under the hood and make sure all the vacuum lines are connected and they didn’t forget one or let it drop on a hot surface and burn a hole through it. Also check to make sure all the wires are in place under there. Replacing the rack is a major job so they may have missed something. I guess there would be nothing wrong with swinging by there and asking them to check their work again.

I guess the other problem could be a bad vacuum/electrical damper motor, the HVAC control itself, or there should be a circuit board called an HVAC controller under the dash some place. If you can’t find anything that doesn’t look right, you’re probably going to have to have someone look at it who has access to the troubleshooting charts and can diagnose it.

Actuator bad.

Thanks for the advice guys. I am a novice when it comes to repair, but I will follow the advice so far, and see what I can find out. If I’m lucky, it will be what Knfenimore said, and be a bad acutator. I will come back and post a follow up, after I get under the hood. Thanks again for the advice.