After market bumper / ins. co won't pay original part

@db4690 Yes years ago it was a problem with aftermarket parts. Now not so much. Most are from the same company that sells them to the manufacturer. Some aftermarket bumper covers are OEM that have been repaired. I deal with this everyday…state laws … insurance company’s rules. In the end most times it don’t matter. Parts are parts and OEM can be as bad as a fit as some aftermarket.

I’ve done a comparatively small amount of automotive body work so I’m by no means an expert in that field.

However, many chassis parts such as tanks, fenders, dashboards, etc, etc made in the aftermarket for motorcycles are often a poor fit if they fit at all.
I’ve purchased some AM parts that required an irritating amount of modification to fit and in some cases I’ve sent them to the dumpster where they died a well deserved death.

Just my 2 cents, but if I had a dinged up 2013 model car I would look at it as a new vehicle and want a factory OEM part with the tag on it. If it were a 15 year old car then AM may be good enough; assuming any replacement parts bolt up and panel lines are close.

You have a 2013 so you have a one yr old car.
What insurance company are you dealing with?
How many miles are on your car?

As others have stated new aftermarket parts do not always fit well and if the part does not fit the shop can supplement for new OEM. Also if an aftermarket part is on the estimate that does not always mean the part is available, therefore a new OEM part would be used. Most salvage yards do not sell a used OEM bumper cover separately.

If you use your carrier you might get the same results. Just because they are your insurance company does not mean you get new OEM parts.

Your car is not a new car according to Insurance companies and therefore you are not entitled to new OEM parts. But again, it depends on the company and the miles on your car.

Today I inspected a 2012 vehicle, two years old, with less than 20,000 miles therefore all new OEM according to this insurance company guideline.

please respond…

Yes my insurance gave me the same response about the parts, that they would only authorize AM parts. I still cancelled the original claim i had made on my own directly with the ins co. of the person that hit me and opened a new claim thru my insurance.

@Terex
Yes my insurance gave me the same response about the parts, that they would only authorize AM parts. I still cancelled the original claim i had made on my own directly with the ins co. of the person that hit me and opened a new claim thru my insurance

Why do you want to go through your carrier?