Adjuster hole plugs?

Today I replaced the brake shoes on my 2002 s10. I probably didn’t need new shoes, but I had bought them already, what I did need to do was free-up all the hardware in there. Liberally applied anti-sieze to all moving parts (careful to keep all friction surfaces clean). I then adjusted them, perfect working action.

My question is as follows. Is there a rubber plug I can put in the adjuster holes so that everything doesn’t freeze up again (lake effect snow means LOTS of salt). The holes are right at the bottom of the drum and I’m afraid of salty road spray getting in and mucking everything up again. Should I just improvise, is it better to leave them open for some reason?

Thank you much everyone.

I assume the holes you are referring to are in the lower part of the backing plate – not the drum itself. The ones I am familiar with are oblong about 1 x 1/4 inch.

It has been a while since I have needed these plugs. Go to your local auto parts store. The plugs used to be on the miscellaneous parts board. If you don’t find it there, check with the parts guy. They may have the plugs in stock or they may have to get them from the warehouse.

You are correct, they are in the backing plate. I miss typed. I will ask next time I’m at the store thank you.