Thank you guys for helping me, Diag my 2004 CRV with AC issues below. The consensus is that the old compressor was not working (I am guessing just plumb wore out after 230,000 miles in SC heat). So the Compressor and Dryer are ordered… Just under $300 shipped to my door, I’m good with that…
I have never done this job before, but I know the theory… Evac will be done where I work, so no fear there (plus I don’t think there is much in there)…
Tell me if I am missing anything, or if there is another way.
- remove feed drive belt
- remove lines from rear of compressor
- Unbolt compressor
- follow AC lines and detach from other side, so I can flush the lines with solvent
- Blow flush solvent through evaporator core, then let air out for a good 20-30 min or more
- Replace dryer (this car uses a drop in dryer, can I clean its compartment with something?)
- I have been told I can’t flush the condenser (is this true)
- Oil new compressor with liquid R134 Oil (about 3-4oz)
- Reassemble with new o-rings
- Vac out system (let me ask about this, I have an air powered vac pump that I have used for years. My compressor is a typical stand up 30 Gal, and it will air down and click on fairly fast with this pump… Can I just let it run for 20 min with the vac attached to really get a good vac on the system?)
- Recharge to proper PSI levels.
Did I miss anything?? Anything you would do that I did not talk about?? Any advice on any of the steps??
Thanks again in advance