Abs

I agree that you should probably try to get rid of the truck. You said it was in a really bad accident and was “almost” totaled. Any time, with any vehicle, that the damages to a late model vehicle are closing in on the value of the vehicle, it is pretty much guaranteed to be a huge headache to somebody for the rest of its life. When a vehicle is that badly damaged, it will never be the same. It can be made to look the same, but it will not act the same. I have seen it before on a friend’s Toyota Tacoma that had to have $11,000 worth of body work done after an accident. Why that truck was not totaled I will never understand, but it is not right after that accident. For future reference, if you end up badly wrecking something else (which hopefully will never happen) and you get a five figure repair bill, either insist on the vehicle being declared a total loss and get something else or get rid of it as soon as it’s out of the body shop, even if you have to take a loss on it. Then it will not be your problem when the little quirks and nuances show up after the accident.

not that i have to explain anything ,
mark9207 and oldmotorist say i shouldve given up the truck even at a loss . i made my first payment 2 days before i got into the accident and wasnt going to take a $25,000. loss . i tried tradeing it it 3 yrs ago before the economy crapped out . the dealer wanted to give me $5000 when book was $18,000. one word i can think of in italian , fongul !!!( you can figure that out right ).
look , all i want is some advice .
i went to auto zone for the codes . they said they cant do anything until the light comes on.
advance auto says the same but i need the abs light and check engine light to come on to show a code . maybe a shift sensor ?
any help would be apprecited