AA Class Mercedes Electric New Model

I’ve been waiting for EVs to have the range to be practical enough for my purchase consideration. Finally, that time has come!

CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

Which type AAs are best? In most electronics requiring AA cells I prefer the Panasonic Alkalines from Dollar Tree dollar stores, often stocking the 3 cell (rather than the standard 2 cell) “bonus” packs for a buck.

Are there Dollar Trees in all the states? I’ve got them in my north and south locations.

What kind of mileage do you think I should expect from a fresh set of AA cells at 52mph with A/C running and exterior lighting??
CSA

incandescent, HID, or LED?

1 Like

I believe they’re LED. Out driving the lights at 52 mph isn’t a problem.
CSA

I will wait for a smaller car that is powered by AAA batteries.

1 Like

I believe there is one in the works and rumor has it that an EV Smart Car version is anticipated that will run on a few thousand (exact number is unknown) standard hearing-aid cells.image
CSA

1 Like

The hearing aid batteries are more expensive than AAA batteries. An EV Smart car that runs on hearing aid batteries makes sense as the Smart For Two runs on the more expensive premium gasoline, so the EV Smart should follow in its footsteps with the more expensive hearing aid batteries.

1 Like

My cars are parked many, many times longer than driven and the :sun_with_face: sun shines nearly every day. Do you think it’s feasible to install rechargeable AA cells in one of these AA class MBs and hook up a solar panel or two?

Would dashboard mounted panels be of sufficient size/output to trickle charge all those AAs?
I was thinking a :electric_plug:plug-in charger, but a :sunny: solar powered car would be the hot set-up, literally.
CSA