2015 Honda Accord Sdn - Best battery

Any suggestion on the best battery to buy for my Accord 2015 sedan? Thanks so much

1 Like

I vote for the one AAA brings and installs in your driveway.

2 Likes

I vote for the one with the most CCA

1 Like

Any battery place will use a chart to find what your vehicle calls for. There only a few places that make batteries and they put different labels on them . Go to the Walmart web site and you can see what batteries fit your car and I think they install for free .

3 Likes

Grab the one from the back of the battery rack as it’s the freshest one.

The one in front may have been sitting on the rack for months.

https://usbattery.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2015_US-Battery-Date-Codes-2.pdf

Tester

2 Likes

Mind reader! Lol I do that always

I’m partial to Delco myself. My Honda/Acura batteries never seemed to be that great. The last Delco I bought I asked the counter guy how old they were and he said they get two shipments a day so not much dust collects. I won’t do Walmart anymore, just because I don’t like either the stores or the batteries. Who knows anymore who makes them.

1 Like

There are three major battery manufactures however they offer many different levels of quality.

Consumer Reports tested 150 automotive batteries in this years test, if there were only 3 batteries available they would have only tested 3.

Best Car Batteries of 2021 - Consumer Reports

Any retailer or dealer that stocks a 2 or 3 month supply of batteries is not managing their inventory properly. We sell perhaps fifteen group 24 batteries each week, with a delivery from the distributer each week there is no reason to stock more than 25 to 30.

1 Like

I prefer batteries that have removable caps, so I can test the state of charge in each cell if there is a battery problem. They are no longer the most common design.

1 Like

I’ll second John’s recommendation above. AAA’s batteries are made by East Penn manufacturing and are good quality.

1 Like

a lot of no maintenance batteries have plugs under the top sticker. peel the sticker back and you can get the plugs out with a small screwdriver.

1 Like

Nobody bothers with hydrometers anymore.

Their choice. I used mine last week before and after charging a battery. Before and after it had a low state of charge in every cell. That made it easy to decide to get a new battery.

I’ve said this before: Aside from the antique reproduction in my collector car, I haven’t seen removable cell covers in years.

Menards got mine last week. It was four years old.

I am happy to hear weekend-warrior’s info, above - but I won’t be peeling anything off until the warranty has expired.

How To RENEW CAR & TRUCK Batteries at Home & SAVE BIG MONEY! - YouTube
you might be interested in this for the future. I have not tried it yet but will on a old battery I have. just out of curiosity.

I watched portions of that video, not for me.
I look at it this way, biannual oil changes, around $100, replace a battery every four years, $25 per year. I drive a domestic truck and car, my dealer run a battery rebate every six month, that’s when I replace my battery, same or lower cost than other sources.
Beyond that Barkydog and Volvo-V70 offer good advice.
I lost faith in consumer reports after I followed their advice that the 4.0 SOHC offered little improvement over the 3.0 in a Ranger back in 2001, I went with the 3.0, later drove a 4.0, significantly more powerful.