A record sales year for both Bentley and Rolls Royce

Apparently they have not been affected by chip shortages…

When you can snatch chips from your cheaper cars to keep the fancy ones selling…of COURSE you have no supply problems! :wink:

Sales volumes on both are small compared to cheaper models. But profit, hoo boy! Much greater!

1 Like

Given the big market gains in 2019, 2020 and 2021, it’s not surprising that rich guys are looking for a place to spend those earnings.

2 Likes

Maybe also a bit of ‘Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die’ realization. Can’t take it with you.

Almost $60,000 in options at the dealer in Bellevue Wash
Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 23-35-37 2021 Bentley Continental - Bentley Seattle

2 Likes

Most of this is probably coming from China. Eventually there will be as many millionaires in China as there are people in the US. And nobody buys the toys like new money.

1 Like

Rolls Royce sold 5100 cars in 2019, and the 2021 sales are a 9.5% increase over 2019. Any increase in sales is good, but the increase over 2020 looks great because 2020’s sales were so poor.

A chunk is coming from China, b ut it’s also US buyers who are staying closer to home, particularly the SUV’s.

Sales is up. Not profits.

My guess is the “liquid amber”= Laphroaig single malt scotch whisky.

1 Like

Good guess but it’s Bentley’s name for the particular wood trim on this carj

Guess it’s out of my league!

1 Like

Unless I hit the poweball it’s out of mine too, still would spend that much money on other things or at least more than one vehicle.

1 Like