A Plea To The "The Gas Pump Dope"

common courtesy is DEAD.

and yes it is frustrating.

so either open your mouth and speak your mind.

or option B live with it.

hope that helps.by the way I choose the A method.

WELL FOR CRYING IN A BUCKET…thechums, I hope you take a shower tonight before bed. Your hair is going to get messed up when you pull your head out of your butt. So what if he wants to click and squeeze, it’s a semi free country, he can do that if he wishes. Why do you think you can regulate and dictate his behavior, forcing your beliefs to make him him look bad.

He obviously does not care about his own time, and for sure, none of our time.
Are you so self centered that his his time must revolve around you?

What goes on in the mind of a Gas Pump Dope?
I would hope you would know, as someone has already posted, you have had 873 chances at it…er, well maybe the dope is you.

How do we make sure they don’t procreate?
It’s easy, get yourself snipped.

It must suck to be educated beyond your intelligence.

[i]

common courtesy is DEAD. and yes it is frustrating. so either open your mouth and speak your mind. or option B live with it. hope that helps.by the way I chose the A method. [/i]

That is such a relief that you chose the A method.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

One gas related thing that always amazes me is when the local 10 o’clock news (hard to call it news anymore) does their report ever so often about gas being on sale for 15 cents a gallon cheaper at XYZ station or whatever. People jump in their cars and drive 10 or 20 miles through metro traffic to save 3 bucks on a tank while seemingly forgetting they burned more than that to get there.

One night they showed a line of cars and the young reporterette breathlessly asked a gentleman if he was there to take advantage of a “cheap fill”. Yep, drove in from Harrah (outlying community near Ok. City) to fill my truck up.
Full sized Ford truck, almost 30 miles one-way. That had to have been cost effective. :wink:

So that guy wasted 4 gallons of gas just to fill up? I’ve been using my Kroger card to get so many cents off a gallon. We have a walmart here in Marion, but it’s on the other end of town where everything is being built up(near the 23 exits). So, by the time you drive out to Walmart, the money you save is burnt up waiting in traffic, so I just go to Krogers and be done with it. They have their reward program if you spend so much you get a little bit off your gas. $150, $350, $550, $750 spent in a month gets you 10, 20, 30, 50 cents off a gallon. So a family of 4 could easily spend $750 in a month on just diapers and baby food alone.

Also, should we start a petition to have “news” renamed to “infotainment?” because that’s about all it seems like anymore.

Well, meaneyedcatz, let’s take it one point at a time.

Yes, I often find myself with my head up my butt, but I at least try not to do that.

In my opinion, which in your own words is “educated beyond my intelligence” (which by the way is formitable - now you’ve made me blush with pride) people who disrespect the dignity of others in the human race have some problems. One earlier commenter called it “Common Courtesy”. What is wrong with being courtious to other people? Why defend the lack of courtesy under the transparent cover of “I have a RIGHT”?

I’m frankly startled at what does go on in the mind of the GPD. And, yes, the dope is often me… but I at least try.

I don’t need a snippin’ because I’m too ugly for any lady to allow me to make an attempt at proceation (for example, I look a little like Tommy).

Education has been a good thing in my life. Maybe not in your’s, but in my life it has been very good. I am admittedly not so smart and not so handsome, and I recognized this early in life when the delivery doctor slapped my face rather than my butt, and my mother shouted “stop the bawling you little dope”. From that moment on, I knew I needed a good education to make up for my deficiencies. You’ll be unhappy to know that a good part of my education was paid for by the GI Bill, or, taxpayer money… so, friend, in part, you got me to this place in life, and I thank you.

Oops! Be careful to proofread when you are flaunting your education. I quote, “Maybe not in your’s, but in my life it has been very good.” The word “yours” is not a contraction and doesn’t require an apostrophe to signify possession. I have tried for years to discover the author who penned, “Education is the peg on which the poor man hangs his pride.” Try to avoid letting your pride make you annoying.

And what is “formitable”? Did you mean “formidable”? If so, that’s a funny bit of irony.

“Education is the peg on which the poor man hangs his pride.” <-- I like that!

Thank’s four you’re erudite comment’s. Im’ know back on-tract. Seriously, thank you. Years ago - it may have been in Mad Magazine (so you can be sure it’s legit) - there was a discussion on the proper use of the apostrophe. Mad concluded that it’s main purpose was to distinguish small business people in the naming of their firms, such as “Freds Bread’s” and “Lupitas Tamale’s”.

I usually have the unruly apostophe under control and I do appreciate being corrected when I don’t.

Now I’m off to study the effect of affect.

The only reason I even turn on the 10 o’clock news anymore is to catch the weather forecast. The “news” has become a farce and that’s being kind.
The local news anchor here one night a few weeks back was talking about a woman being stabbed in the neck 3 times (she was going to be fine) and to make the point I guess, straightened his index finger and stabbed himself 3 times in the neck.
Guess it was to show where a neck was located or how a stabbing was performed.
Thank the Lord for a remote control.

“Yes, a micro-err in the whole scheme of things, but is it really? I view it as a small but very blatant disregard for the diginity of the the human race
that should be easily recognized by the GPD, and never done again by the GPD.”

The world is not efficient. Get over it.

With all bitterness, your poor spelling and blah, blah, blah aside your reply was somewhat humourous. Thanks for the chuckle.

Hey thechums, live and let live. What makes your justification for procreating any more substantive than anyone elses?

you don’t get the Weather Channel? Mine(cable) has my actual area, my mom is on satellite just up the road from me and hers just displays the nations forecasts every 10 minutes. or just check their website :stuck_out_tongue:

We get the Weather Channel but they’ve become pretty much the national equivalent of the local news with the pointless storm stories and human interest junk.
It’s been several years since I tuned them in. The local guys are generally more accurate but even that’s a 50/50 deal.

My son is a climatologist and lives in another state but he keeps us informed about the nasty stuff that may be developing. He has some godawful homebuilt computer (liquid cooled, 2 radiators, dual processors, etc.) that is lightning fast and access to a lot of meterological sites/satellite info so he works this stuff up pretty quickly.

I don’t put much faith in accurate reporting of the news (or much else for that matter) and politicians know even less.

One thing I do know and that is oil won’t last eternally.

guess my courtesy is now on the same level.(get your fuel,move your car if others are waiting,then shop.)this stuff goes back to childhood issues if you like to play with others and see if you can rile them up.(stupid ! GAMES.

if people need that much attention I just figured I would give them what they want,

BLOOM in the sand ,and you too HAVE A WONDERFUL EVE.

[b]

The local news anchor here one night a few weeks back was talking about a woman being stabbed in the neck 3 times (she was going to be fine) and to make the point I guess, straightened his index finger and stabbed himself 3 times in the neck.
Guess it was to show where a neck was located or how a stabbing was performed.
[/b]

Thanks for that…that was the funniest thing I’ve heard today!

Don’t worry your problem will be over soon.

I fill it to the very brim everytime. Probably takes an extra half a minute. Then I write the mileage on the receipt from the trip odometer. A quick calculation of mpg lets me know the engine is running normal. It dropped by 10% once and just as good as the idiot light coming on I knew I had a problem to find. Fouled plug from bad wires, distributor or rotor. Replaced it all and mileage better than ever :slight_smile: Don’t meen to keep you waiting, but got to keep the ol’ truck running good!