A new car-related scam

MG McAnick That’s a good one. I suspect he could have been an acquaintance of someone you know and had your name plus knowledge of you being a car nut through them. I cannot believe the idiot thought you would fall for this obvious scam. I seems to be a smaller scale Nigerian scam involving a small monetary risk for a large reward. If he was legitimate he would have asked if you could possibly meet him where he called from. Why would the moron drive 200 miles to pick up the car having no gas money for the return trip? He must have been at the stated location in order to have the money wired. I bought my 1957 Chevy for $100 cash. It was about 6 miles away so I took the city bus for $.25. It was a 150 2dr sedan with 235cu in I 6cyl and a 3 on the tree. It was in very good condition. I drove it for over a year with zero problems. A friend kept offering me $150 and when he offered $200 I gave in. I added $200 and bought my 1955 BelAir 2dr hardtop. It was 1968 or 9 and old Chevys were cheap. The vintage Indian motorcycle being thrown in was a hoot!