A/c not blowing

Hey guys just wanted to see if you guys could help me out…ok so iv had my Malibu for 2 years now and last year around this time my blower stopped working iv replaced fuses, and today a friend told me try replacing the relay so I did that to see if that would work(had fingers crossed so hard because it’s still hot as all get out) but it didn’t work…I’m at a loss now I really don’t want to take it to the dealer to spend an arm and a leg for something I can possibly do myself and is probably so simple so any suggestions plzzzzz help me out guys I’m determined to fix this issue myself if I can!

What’s the year, millage, do you know any repair history (I’m assuming you bought it used “I’ve had my Malibu for 2 years now…”)?

Turn the ignition switch on so the dash lights come on.

Place the blower speed on high.

Locate the blower motor under the passenger side of the dash, and with the handle of a screwdriver rap on the blower motor.

If the blower motor begins to operate, replace the blower motor.

Tester

Sounds like a classic fan variable resistor failure, not expensive but some cars it is easier to get to than others, if not testers test

Yeah see iv replaced the motor already because I tried testers test already and that didn’t work and it’s 2010 model with about 201,000 miles now when I got it it had 168,000 on it I believe.

Ok Ima try that and see how it goes and I’ll let you guess know prob next week because I just got off work and I know I’m not gonna have time to even think about it for the the rest of the week so prob next week sometime I’ll go buy a new resistor and put it on and see how it works out and thanks Barkydog lol I had started looking for vids as soon as you said it was possibly the resistor lol this is the one I watched I didn’t know you had replied that fast https://youtu.be/w1dncvIyTB0

1 Like

Tester told you to replace the blower motor if tapping made it work, not if it didn’t. Either get a test light or a multi meter to find out if there is power to the motor and start tracing backwards to see why not or take it to a mechanic. No need for a dealer.

Oldtimer I had replaced the blower motor months ago before I found this website.