A/C dies at high speed

I have a 2007 Ford Explorer. Everything seems fine until I accelerate on the Interstate. When going from about 55 to 65 mph, the A/C blower cuts out. When I let up on the gas, the blower resumes normal power. Is there some kind of vacuum leak, or is this normal? Is the car diverting power to acceleration that normally goes to the A/C?

I used to drive 1965 American Rambler that would slow the windshield wipers down when I accelerated, and the mechanic told me that was normal. But I thought we had moved on from that pneumatic technology.

Does it die or change to a different location (defrost), if so, that is likely a vacuum leak.
If you are really punching it, WOT may disable A/C. But that has nothing to do with the blower, that is a low-power-drawing fan. The A/C just makes the cold.

It’s the blower that loses power. It stays cold, but it drops down to low fan.

Are you sure it is drooping down to a slower speed? Could the fan still be running at the same speed but the A/C coils freezing over and preventing the air to come through? Do you by chance have it set to recirculate? That can increase the chance of freezing up the coils.

It’s the blower that loses power. It stays cold, but it drops down to low fan.

That’s a new one for me, well, not really. It’s only been where a belt was REAL loose and the alternator was not going to go that fast or change speeds that fast …or if it got wet (puddle) …but that’s about it.