A "breaking" issue

Then don’t copy the text in the column. Just say so and so tweeted the following and provide the image. Having it twice serves no purpose. I don’t see how it helps flow to print exactly same thing directly above image. Not usa today btw.

Not sure how you got there from my post but I actually prefer print over digital. For one thing, they can’t decide what to present based on what I decided to read previously. I don’t want computer algorithms deciding what I should be interested in reading for me…

Guys, I’m just as ready to join the fight against cacography, but can we please pump the breaks on this discussion and divert it back to cars or Car Talk or … anything more on topic. Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, and they repeat the text because as soon as the idiot who wrote the tweet starts getting angry responses, he’s gonna delete it.

It’s not a link to the actual tweet, just a jpeg image of it. That’s not going away…

Yeah, I typed too quickly and got two thoughts in one sentence. They link to the picture as photographic evidence that the tweet happened for when it gets deleted. They copy the text both for people like me who don’t always see the pics (due to privacy settings on our browsers) and also for search engine optimization (so that when someone is searching for whatever scandalous phrase was tweeted, that article will come up).

Is one Sinclair Media? They have to be on the list, and they are run by arch conservatives who require their local channels to carry commentary from Boris Epshteyn, and read commentary other conservative commentary from headquarters as if it was created locally.

Can’t you tell the product placements from the real news? USA Today carries “news” from Motley Fool and other similar companies that are advertisements in their on line version because most people don’t pay for the content. They have to make money somehow to provide the news. Mountainbike complained about a story about a company that produced a parking app before he disappeared. In that particular case I disagreed with him, but yeah, they do have ads that look a little like news stories. I’m sure you could tell the difference if you wanted to.

Improper attribution! By me. I was answering two posts at once. The second part that puzzled you was my response to @sgtrock21’s post along with yours. I apologize for the confusion. Next time, maybe I’ll do my journalistic best to provide proper attribution to avoid confusion.