'99 S10 Blazer Security System Problem

Recently the alarm on my '99 S10 Blazer, 4dr, AT, AC,4WD, went off. I went out and shut it off with the remote but now the electric door locks will not operate, not by remote, not by internal door switch, nothing. I have had to resort to using the manual door lock levers, with no way to lock the rear hatch lock. I have attempted to reset my remote but that does not function either. Anybody run into this before? Thank you for your help!!!

You need to reprogram your key fob. Read the directions carefully before you begin:

With the driver door closed, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel.

Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner in order to indicate that the receiver is in the programming mode:
Locking the doors
Unlocking the doors

Important:

All extra transmitters must be programmed at this time. When a new transmitter is programmed, it will deactivate the old transmitters.

Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter until the remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner:
Locking the doors.
Unlocking the doors.

Repeat step 7 for each additional transmitter.
Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.

I can’t remember the 99 Blazer having a audible factory alarm. Sure they could come with factory electric door locks and some version of Paslock, but nothing audible. What I am getting at is this sounds like an aftermarket install, let us know.

Perhaps this was a total, aftermarket electric actuator, aftermarket alarm install or a half/half job. I have done/seen both.

Ok, I followed your advice. Unfortunately it didn’t work, although the door lock switch does sound like it’s attempting to operate lock the doors (though the manual levers do not move) but the instant I release, it sounds like the doors unlock again. By the way, I’ve had some difficulty with the widow switches when it rains too. I am planning on removing the door panels and going through all the electrical connection to the window motors. Is it possible I’ve gotten some moistue in the door and it’s causing some shorting?

I bought the Blazer used but the manual goes through reprogramming the fob so I am pretty certain it’s all stock. Also, the audio is intermittent horn beeps as opposed to some type of after market noise generator. Thanks though!

As an essential tool at the Dealership we had a remote tester, but it does sound like some issue with the door lock module(perhaps seperate or internal with the Body Control Module).