'99 Bonneville - Click on Right Turn

'99 Bonneville - Click on Right Turn

HAS to be the CV joint, right? But she claims one side was fixed, then the other side starting making noise. So she took it back to the same garage and they couldn’t find anything wrong!!! Husband is mechanically inclined and maintains their cars, but she says he couldn’t find anything wrong with it either. I was thinking of taking a look at it myself on the weekend. The sound doesn’t really SOUND like a bad CV joint to me - it sounds more like a wire skipping through a rotating metal spoked hubcap (which the car doesn’t have). CVs that have gone bad on me in the past had more of a “clop, clop, clop” noise - like a horse’s hoof. This is more of a tin-like noise. Still, it almost HAS to be the CV because it only happens when she turns the car to the right. She says it’s been this way now for almost two years - which is also possible with a bad CV joint. I once went EIGHT years on a bad CV before it completely failed on me. Of course, I had cleaned and re-packed it once along the way.

Any other possibilities that you can think of that might be causing this noise???