98 Honda crv noise and pull

Have a 98 Honda CR-V. Has a rattle sound sometimes when start up. Sounds like it’s coming from right under the right passenger side front door. Notice goes away in a few seconds. Not sure if this is related but also pulls to the right a bit while driving. Noticeable. Transmission shift nicely as far as I can tell. No delay. Does not over heat. And exhaust streak is a clean chalky white. Has high mileage though. Has new timing belt, water pump, drive belts, both inner tire rods, spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and Rotor. Wondering what this short rattle noise is and if it is related to the pull to the right.

The rattle is probably the heat shield on the cat I had that same noise and had to rescuer. The pulling to the right could be that its time for a alinement job on the car. When my 2001 crv pull left or right I drop it off at sears for a free alinement check to see if it the alinement. 9 times out of 10 its need a alinement job.

Thank you. I will take it in ASAP.

I wouldn’t recommend Sears, tho. They are about to go belly-up.

3 Likes

Yup!
Even in the days when Sears was doing relatively well, their auto centers were definitely not a good place to have your car serviced as a result of…selling services that were not necessary…overcharging for those services…and generally poor workmanship. Now that they have one foot in the grave and the other one on a banana peel, God only knows that types of shenanigans are going on there.

The OP should search for an independent front-end shop in his area with a very good reputation because, while this certainly might be nothing more than an alignment issue, there is also the possibility of dangerously-worn ball joints and/or tie rod ends, and either of those situations are very real safety issues.

Well, of course it did. How do you think they pay for the time they spend doing ( free ) inspections.

I know of a few trust worthy people. Won’t jerk me around and will do what is necessary.