Is the problem the ignition switch or something else?
'98 Civic manual trans.
Intermittent - once every few days or more than once same day
Symptoms - engine will not fire
- during symptom turning the ignition, there is no sound of the relays powering
- during symptom turning the ignition, all other electrical is functional - lights, dash, status, wipers, etc.
- during symptoms turning the key repeatedly, will finally power the relays after maybe 5 minutes
- during symptoms, there may be a correlation to waiting a few minutes or a combo of waiting & cranking key
- since the symptoms appeared, the engine has momentarily stopped (very short cough) on highway maybe 6 times
- this morning, the engined stopped running while at 60 mph, pulled over, made phone call, after 5 minutes or so turned the key, engine fired up
Add’l info -
- changed ignition switch about 18 months ago with aftermarket (Bosch)
- symptoms began about 6 months ago
Thank you for reading, and for your replies