95 GMC Sierra won't start

My 95 GMC k1500 5.7L will not start. Sometimes there is a spark to SOME (never all) of the plugs, sometimes there’s not. The plugs, wires, distributor, rotor, cap, ignition control module, ignition coil, fuel pump and filter, idle air control valve, and battery are all new. I also cleaned the fuel injectors and repaired the wires to them. Also, sometimes the fuel pump will run with the key in the “on” position and sometimes it won’t. The FIRST problem I had was that it would surge when I held slight, constant pressure on the gas pedal. Then it started dieing, mostly at idle, but would start right back up. Now it barely starts at all, and you have to keep the RPM’s at 2250 to 2500 to keep it running. I am at a total loss. Is it the computer or the electronic spark control module, or something else? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Does this problem still occur with the SPOUT (set timing connector) disconnected? I assume when you replaced the distributor that also included a new pickup coil. Have you put a timing light onto the marks to make sure timing is correct and not jumping around?

Help us help you.

Yes, when the distributor was replaced it came with a new pickup coil. We checked the timing and it was correct. I haven’t tried running it with the spout disconnected. Actually, this is the first I’ve heard of that. I’ll try disconnecting the spout and disconnected and let you know what happens.