94 Honda Accord LX

my transmission is skipping from time to time, while the D4 light blinks…it starts good and drives good until the transmission is at a regular temperature, this issue has been consecutive for the month…anyone have any suggestions…

Has the transmission fluid ever been changed? How often?

How many miles on your Accord and when was the last time you changed the transmission fluid and cleaned the filter?

Have you bothered to read what your Owner’s Manual says regarding a blinking D4 light?

On my '92 Accord, the manual stated something along the lines of…“a blinking D4 light indicates that an electronic fault has been detected in the transmission controller. Failure to repair this fault promptly can result in mechanical damage to the transmission”…or something to that effect.

Unfortunately, continuing to drive the car for a month has likely increased the repair bill. I would suggest that you get the car to an independent trans shop immediately. DO NOT take the car to AAMCO, Lee Myles, Cottman, Mr. Transmission unless you want to be told that you need a new transmission–whether you really do or not.

On your next car, be sure to change the trans fluid and filter every 3 yrs or 30k miles (whichever comes first). Failure to do this can lead to transmission failure any time after 90k miles, and it is pretty much of a sure thing after ~110k miles.

how often doe it need to be replaced and must i take to a honda dealer to get it done or may i do it myself ?

my car has approximately 236,000 miles and i believe the last owner changed all the above before i got it 5yrs ago

i have no owners manual, thank you for that info, yeah i have been told it might be the filters or a skip on the transmission…i have had the car parked for about two weeks…