93 Chevy Silverado

My truck is a stick drive and if I when I take off it sounds like the gears are jumping out. I don’t know if this is the clutch or the rear end. When it first happened it rattled my truck so bad and made such a loud noise that I thought my drive shaft came off. Please let me know what you think it might be.

Does it only do this is first gear? Does it continue after the clutch pedal is all the way up? How is it in the other gears at significant throttle opening?

Could you give a different description for “…sounds like the gears are jumping out.”?

Hope to help.

It does this through all the gears like if the cluch was slipping and it will do this wherever the clutch pedal is even all the way up. I can slowly get into a gear and then if I open the throttle up it will do this.

Before it got this bad I heard something pop and then the truck felt like it was twisting when I opened the throttle up significantly. When I was hauling about 700lbs. and took off a little faster than normal is when the current problem started.

I guess a better way to describe the sound is that it sounds like metal slamming against each other at a fast rate of speed.

Thanks for your time.

You need to remove the differential cover. I’ll bet you find a mess in there.

Tester