92 Nissan XE

I recently started to have problems with my 92 Nissan Sentra XE. It was driving just fine and then all of a sudden it started to bogg and not want to go when starting off. During this process I see my gas gage DROP. It sounds like a pick up truck and does not want to exceletate at start then takes off after 3rd gear.

I replaced the spark plugs,cap & roter as well as the plug wires and air filter. At first I thought it was that it was getting no spark to one of the plugs so I pulled the #1 plug off to see if there was and sure enough there was spark also this did not affect the idle in any way.

I am thinking that there is either something wrong with one of my fuel injectors or that the valve itself is stuck. I don’t know what to do with it anymore!

Pulling a spark plug wire off should cause the engine to run rough(er). If it doesn’t, there may not be fuel to that cylinder (or, something else wrong). If you pull the spark plug wire from another cylinder, and it does affect the idle, that one was working. You could swap one fuel injector with the other. If you, then, do the spark plug wire pulls, and the affected cylinder is the other, you know that it is a “missing” fuel injector.

Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it very much. :smiley: