92 Accord EX 5speed I can't go over 2k rpm

I have a 1992 Honda Accord EX 5speed the car has 185k miles runs great but every time I fire up the car I run it for like a mile, if that, and the surging begins, it won’t go over 2k rpm so when that happens I pull over for about a minute or two and then the car drives normal again. I’m still working on the problem finding and fixing little glitches here and there, I’d really appreciate any advise you may have.

The Honda’s of that vintage have a problem with the main fuel relay. I would replace that first and see if the problem goes away. If it still remains…replace the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). These are both preventative maintenance items anyway so if the problem remains…the engine will require further troubleshooting by a good, independent mechanic.

First thing I’d check for would be a clogged converter. The easiest way of doing this is with the use of a vacuum gauge. The reason for delay before falling flat is that it takes a minute or so for backpressure to build in the exhaust system.

After that you might consider a fuel pressure test.