91 Honda Civic DX

thanks uncle turbo. the guy said my dx was a D series engine & the tranny is a D series so he told me it would work.
Is this true?
how could i find out what series engine & tranny i have in my 91 dx?

Yeah I’m fairly sure it will fit…80% sure it will…I will have to look it up to be certain…but thats your job…lol. DO a search on the net on “Honda Swaps” and if you go into ANY of the Civic specific web forums…those “Civic heads” will be able to tell you what is interchangeable in the Civic World…and to be honest almost ALL of it is interchangeable… as long as you stay with the mantra of 4cyl engines and trans from THIS model…will usually swap over to 4cylinder…of THAT model…V6 to V6 hardware etc. You may be surprised at what will swap over… Honda REALLY saved money by using a commonality thru all their models…Even the mounts most times would be no problem…it was a HOnda Hot-Rodders dream…thats why it became the poster child for the Rice Rocketeers…Very easy to “Hot-Rod” in the truest sense of the word Look it up…there are literally DOZENS of publications dedicated to the Honda Swap stuff…

I had a printout of all the engine and trans swap info for the 94-97 Accord, dunno where that got to…I had a pile of data hangin around for when I did my 96 Accord 4cyl F22 5sp…To a 94 Prelude H22 VTEC “Red-Top” engine and the “close ratio” LSD 5sp Trans from the JDM Market 4WS Prelude Si…What a FUN Accord that did make… It had over 220Hp and an 8200+ Redline… It would lay down TWO dark black burnout marks whenever the mood would strike you… LOL…FUN…Sold it last year and the new owner is in entirely IN LUST with it.

Blackbird

SUCCESS we passed smog!!!

THANKS ALL.