1993 Honda Civic Fuel problem

Hey guys, I have a 1993 Honda Civic Ex sedan that’s been sitting in my garage for about 13 years. I recently got it to start moving and I been driving it let’s say for about a month. And recently I started having problems with the fuel pump not working… what I mean is that when I turn the key in the ignition, the fuel doesn’t prime. This making the car not to start.

So I did some research on this problem… and what I end up doing was replacing parts… I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, and the fuel relay, and it still gives me problems. I also ended up cleaning any ground wire possible since some guys told me it can be from a shortage. Only thing I haven’t change is the fuel floater that shows how much gas I have and the floater doesn’t work but I don’t think that would cause it not to work…

They only way I can get my car to start is, I put the key in the ignition and turn it to where the gas should prime and leave the key in it and just wait. Sometimes it takes a minute or sometimes it takes about 10 minutes until the fuel pump primes the gas and then I start the car.

The car runs fine and smooth, no idle problems or shakes when driving… only problem is, is starting the car.

The last thing that I haven’t replaced that I’ve been told to is the ECM but idk if I should.

Anyone knows what could be wrong?

The next time you go start the engine, turn the ignition switch on so the dash lights come on for two seconds, and then turn the ignition switch off. Repeat this a half dozen times and then try starting the engine.

If the engine starts right up, the anti drain-back valve on the fuel pump is bad.

Tester

You may have a leaking fuel injector considering you have changed the pump already AND it was sitting for 13 years. Use a bottle of Techron (or Seafoam or similar) fuel injector cleaner in the tank for a couple of fillups. That may solve the problem.

Yeah – did you drain the tank and re-fill it with fresh gas before you started it?

Tried it a couple of times and it didn’t turn on.

Yes I did drained the whole tank before adding new gas