87 toyota camry wagon. Taking off issue?

This doesn’t happen all the time but when I come to a complete stop and go to take off my car is very slow then kicks in at about 25mph and shoots me faster. im not sure why this is happening. but any advice will be helpful.

Automatic, I take it? Does the engine speed increase while the road speed doesn’t really change proportionally?
I’d check the transmission fluid. When was the transmission serviced last?

I have no clue I just bought it like 4 days ago im still figuring stuff out but ill check the transmission oil my stick has a HOT and COLD on it where does it need to be at? and no the car speed says what it feels like but its just super slow taking off occasionally. plus my O?D off light flashes randomly idk if that has anything to do with it.

sorry my o/d off light flashes

The flashing o/d light indicates a fault in the electronic control module for the transmission, and failure to correct this electronic problem promptly will lead to much more expensive mechanical problems in the transmission. You need to get the car to a transmission shop a.s.a.p., but please make sure that you go to an independent trans shop that has been in business for at least a few years. Friends, relatives, co-workers, or neighbors may be able to steer you to a good indy shop.

DO NOT go to AAMCO, Lee Myles, Cottman, Mr. Transmission, or any other chain unless you want to be told that you need a new/overhauled transmission–whether you really do or not. Those chains are notorious for overcharging and for poor workmanship.

Incidentally, the previous owner may have sold the car in order to avoid having to pay for expensive transmission repairs. Unfortunately, there are unscrupulous people who dump their problem vehicles on others.

I’m afraid you should have taken this car to a mechanic for an inspection before buying it. Very likely you bought a car that was dumped because of a failing transmission. As VDCdriver says, take it to a good local transmission shop and hope for the best.