5FV turbo on a 5FS engine?

Hi all, recently i have been asked a question that i honestly can’t answer all too well. I’ve been asked “will a 5FS engine fit with a 5FV turbo and manifold?” to be totally honest, i think it can but i have concerns about the ECU not working as the ECU is for the 5FV engine, the car is a 2013 5008 by the way. as far as i’m aware there is little difference between the 5FV and 5FS aside from the turbo, but i also do wonder if the 5FS will hold that power?

thanks in advance

We are in the states, Peugeots haven’t been sold here in over 25 years

No idea on those engines.

1 Like

This is a pretty specific question. I would suggest you find a Peugeot specific forum for that information.

2 Likes

For enough money and time, anything can be made to fit, people are doing LS swaps in WRX’s lol…
As far as a plug and play install, no idea… But most of the time when you are doing a different engine swap, you will need all the supporting equipment to go along with it… Also just because the engine might bolt up to the transmission, doesn’t mean the transmission, axles etc can take the extra HP and torque…

You need to find a Peugeot forum that has people that have actually done the swap to find out all the specifics on doing the engine swap in question here and read up about it or start asking questions about it their…

Sorry but probably not going to find the answers here… Good luck…

1 Like

Is non turbo car ok? As in, not broke? Next question is why? Uh, just wondering? Or do you have non running non turbo car? You might get to step #78 in job and discover one sensor is missing from non turbo car and motor will never run.

1 Like

We only saw that family of engines in the Mini Cooper but from a quick search the Turbo engine uses Gas Direct Injection and a special cylinder head, You’d be better off with a complete donor engine and ecu.

I doubt that. Many aspects of a motor are typically modified by the factory when they add a turbo. If your friend really wants a turbo on their current engine, I’d search for an aftermarket turbo kit from a respected company that is intended to match up with a stock non-turbo motor.

It’s probably cheaper and definitely easier to sell the current 5008 with the normally aspirated 1.6L engine and buy one with the 1.6L turbo since both engines were available for the 5008 according to the link below. You will lose the fun factor of making the conversion though. BTW, I also think you will need a different ECU to manage the 5FV.

https://www.autoevolution.com/cars/peugeot-5008-2013.html#aeng_peugeot-5008-2013-16-thp-6mt-155-hp

1 Like

The folks over at Practical Classics forums are UK based & might be able to better answer your question.