4 wheel drive

i have a 2000 gmc jimmy 4wd.

it is stuck in 4 low it has push button

controls on dashboard . manual says to put in neutrel push desired button wait for light to stop flashing .but everytime i do the light will flash in 2 hi but then goes right back to 4 lo.is there a way i can get it out of 4 wd without taking out 4wd drive shaft . thank you

With the vehicle on flat, level, ground, front wheels pointed straight ahead, push the button. Back up a little and try again if that doesn’t work…Are all your tires the same exact size?? Shift between “D”&“R” while you push the button, maybe you will get lucky…

THANKS FOR THE INFO. NO MY TIRES ARE NOT ALL THE SAME SIZE. 235 70 15 IN FRONT 235 75 15 IN BACK . WILL THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE? THANKS

Yes, it makes the worst possible difference. That alone may have broken it. Get the vehicle to a warm place for a couple hours and try again. Don’t use 4WD until the tires are IDENTICAL.

Clean the connections to the drive train on the transaxle as first fix.

That puts the transfer case gears in a big bind and they will not shift until you correct the problem. As a temporary measure, you can jack up one wheel to release the bind and it should shift into 2wd then. Keep it in 2wd until you install a matching set of tires…

I have a 2000 Blazer with Autotrac. Sometimes it helps to be moving slowly (3-5 mph) in neutral during the 4Lo to 2Hi/4hi shift. It’s spelled out in the Owner’s Manual

Try resetting the Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM) by disconnecting the battery or the connector at the TCCM. The TCCM is located in the passenger side kick panel. A dealer mechanic told me the TCCM locks up from lack of use. I got into the habit of shifing into 4wd once a week or so. Also clean the connector at the TCCM

Most importantly, get 4 tires that are the same size. Hopefully no damage has been done to the drivetrain.

Ed B.