4-Runner swerved to the right

1995 4-Runner swerved to the right when I brake. This happens only on freeway driving. Pads & shoes are okay. Anyone have any idea what’s wrong? Thanks for your help.

Another problem is when using the AC (low), cool smoke comes out of the vent. When I put it on medium or high, the cool smoke disappear. Does this mean I am out of refrigerant?

You’re LEFT caliper isn’t working properly. Could be stuck.

A loose ball joint can also cause the vehicle to swerve, so these should be inspected as they are a real safety factor, swerve or not.

In addition to the other posters’ suggestions as possibilities, check your tire pressure. A low tire could also cause pulling.

And don’t forget your rear brakes. An improperly functioning rear caliper would be the guess I’d most favor since the pull is only noticaly when decelerating from highway speeds.

By the way, improper alignment can do this too.

• mountainbike

when using the AC (low), cool smoke comes out of the vent. When I put it on medium or high, the cool smoke disappear. Does this mean I am out of refrigerant?

Why does everyone think they are low of refrigerant anytime anything happens to the AC??

Oh well, about your question. No it is normal. It will come and go depending on the humidity, temperature and settings. Don’t worry.