2yr old accident

2 yrs. ago I was in an accident and had extensive work done on my car… my airbag never did come out probably due to the cruise control being on so i never had work done on it. The body shop that repaired my car didn’t do a good job when i first had my car repaired so i took it back. they explained that they had to repair the stearing column at that time. since i got my car back my airbag light been going on and off until now that it stays on. well not too long ago i took my car to replace the fuel pump and i discovered that i need to replace the clockspring. Is it possible that the clockspring was damaged when they fix the stearing column and if so should they fix this either way?

Is it possible that the clockspring was damaged when they fix the stearing column and if so should they fix this either way?

It’s very possible that it was damaged in the first accident…but you’ll NEVER be able to prove it.

You should have had it taken care of right away. After 2 years you’re out of luck. And, clock springs can fail on their own.

I don’t see how the cruise control being on or off would possibly effect the operation of the airbag system. (Of course, a bad clockspring could cause both to fail.)

If this is a Dodge Caravan the clockspring is defective in design to begin with. So it may be unrelated to your accident.

The cruise control being engaged will in no way interfere with airbag operation. What repairs were done to the steering column? But there is no way to demonstrate the current failure is due to repairs done 2 years ago, unless there is something obviously put together incorrectly. However, such a problem shouldn’t have taken 2 years to crop up.

I will also ask: What kind of vehicle is this?

No this is for a saturn l300

I completely understand but it is very difficult for me to do so when i work so far and I’m a single mom working fulltime

It may have been damaged 2 years ago but after this length of time you’ll never be able to prove anything or even get anywhere more than likely since you’ve kept driving the vehicle for the last 2 years with the SRS light going on and off.

Here in Oklahoma there is a 2 year statute of limitations so it would be pointless to even file a claim.
Your state laws may vary but if you don’t have a verifiabletrack record of multiple failed repair attempts on their part then I don’t think you’ll get anywhere even if you’re within the statute.