FILTER TYPE: FULLFLOW

UNIT ID: 8G35007

SECOND ID: 5TBRT341X6X481991 2006 TUNDRA

UNIT TYPE: UNLEADED GASOLINE ENGINE

APPLICATION: AUTOMOTIVE

OVERALL SEVERITY OF REPORT

based on comments, not individual flags

FLUID ANALYSIS REPORT - 877-458-3315

COMMENTS Data indicates no abnormal findings. Resample at normal interval; Oil is suitable for continued use.

25,000 Miles. How far the Amsoil Synthetic motor oil and Amsoil Ea oil filter went.

The microscopic lettering says:
Amsoil oil and filter went 25,000 miles.

Are you trying to make a point? What is it?

You aren’t spamming for Amsoil again, are you?

Is this an advertisment or endorsement for Amsoil? I don’t care what the data shows, I’m not going 25K between oil changes.

How do we know this isn’t a “Bernie Medoff” type false document? How long was the subject oil in the vehicle, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years? Miles driven isn’t the only factor in oil deterioration.

I don’t feel this is the appropriate forum for commercial ads and/or endorsements. If that is your intention, then you have crossed the line and violated the rules of this forum.

Not mentioned was the fact the Tundra burns a quart every 1000 miles, so over the course of this 25,000 miles, 25 quarts of oil were added. I guess you could call that a rolling oil change…

I draw several conclusions from reading this:

1: Someone is promoting Amsoil (which is against forum policy).

2: We know nothing about this experiment. What kind of vehicle?
Was it all highway miles?

3: The net is filled with wild claims about Amsoil. How do I know
if this claim is different?

4: If the test was valid, would a similar top rated synthetic oil,
like Mobil 1, do just as well?

Sorry for being cynical. I’ve seen too many Amsoil distributors
get quite creative as they push Amsoil. I don’t doubt it’s a good
oil. But so are lots of other less expensive oils.

See what www.bobistheoilguy.com has to say about Amsoil.

Shatto:
When I read your many postings in other newsgroups, they nearly all promote Amsoil. The only ones that do not are not lubricant related discussions.

Given your long path of heavy Amsoil promotions, don’t you think it’s tough for readers to see your posts as being credible?

In the mid 1960s Chevron U.S.A was the first to market and produce a complete range of 100% synthetic Polyalphaolefins based lubricants, which began to be marketed as a substitute for mineral oils for engine lubrication. Although in use in the aerospace industry for some years prior, synthetic oil first became commercially available in an American Petroleum Institute (API)-approved formula for automobile engines when standards were formalized for synthetic-based lubricants.

Other early synthetic motor oils marketed included “The Original Syn!” by SynLube in 1969, NEO Oil Company (formally EON) in 1970, which were dibasic acide esters, or diesters, and polyol esters-based synthetic lubricants. In 1971 All-Proof, now called Red Line, introduced a synthetic oil, followed fourth by Amsoil who packaged and resold a diester-based 10W40 grade from Hatco[8] in 1972, and then Mobil 1, introduced in North America in 1974 (with a PAO-based 5W20 grade).