2024 BMW 7 Series - Will cruise control auto-adjust?

Will the Cruze control auto adjust to the posted speed limit

Do you want it to do that? Or are you just curious if it will? Such a thing certainly seems a technical possibility. But I wouldn’t want my own car doing that on its own, seems unsafe.

BMW drivers never speed.

BMW Adapt to Speed Limit Automatically | BMW of Minnetonka

What does that cost a month?? :grin:

1 Like

In my area, the BMW’s never slow down to the speed limit. You might embarrass those other BMW drivers passing you.

Early 70’s, my first professional job was computer programmer. The first thing I noticed, this is a very easy job … lol … many times I found was waiting for somebody else to complete their own computer program before I could proceed. I figured out my pay amount per minute, and I’d put my watch on the desk and add up on the calculator how much I made as each minute went by … lol … … the car related part of this story is three of us, all having spare time, decided a fully computerized car was the way to go . We weren’t thinking so much about the engine, but about the dashboard display. We decided the speedometer should be digital, “65” in big numerals, rather than a needle against a ruling. Coworker tells this idea to his wife. Wife: “That’s a terrible idea, much easier to judge speed by glancing at the conventional speedo-needle.” We all got to thinking on this, decided no matter how clever we were, wife was right, so back to the watch/calculator … lol .

Good question. I have not yet tested the new 7-Series. However, I have started to notice that some vehicles do adjust their speeds when they see a speed limit sign, and adaptive cruise control is enabled. Many vehicles will flash a speed limit icon on the dash or the head up display if your speed is above a posted limit sign. Car’s all have optical systems now that can read signs, and they may also have a nav system that knows where the signs are, or should be (even if they have been removed). You may find a setting in the infotainment system that turns this"feature" off and on.

Heh heh. Yeah Minnetonka. They showed a new house on lake Minnetonka this morning that the builders were very proud of. 9100 square feet. Complete with all the goodies like gourmet kitchen, electric shades on the patio, simulated golf screen, but never said the cost or number of garage stalls. I’m sure in the 5 to 10 million variety. Wipe your feet peon. That car would fit the same clientele.

1 Like

Brothers house is 7000 sq/ft. Has 4 car garage. And 2 cars. No bmw. 1 Porsche though.

Nearby house similar sq foot, only has 2 car garage, but 4 cars. As you might expect, a bit of a parking problem. When I see what those folks have to go through to shuffle their cars around every day, I’m wondering “Do they own the cars? Or do the cars own them?” .

I’d be willing to bet, the answer is in the owners manual.

2 Likes

I bet boss Hogg hates that cruise control in Hazzard co. Cuts into his revenue stream.

Cameras and complicated software aren’t needed. The Maps feature on my phone is already capable of receiving that information and displaying speed limits for many roadways around here. It displays both posted and actual and also alerts when you exceed the speed limit. No reason the NAV feature cannot share this information directly with the Cruise function.

2 Likes