2022 Kia Sorento - Cracked windshield

I purchased my 2022 Sorento in Dec 2021 and by end of January 2022 I am needing to replace my windshield due to a growing crack that I am unaware of how it even got there.

sometimes driving behind a vehicle or truck will kick up a small rock and hit your windshield. sometimes it will be in a spot that you do not notice. it’s a small chip that develops into a crack over time. check your insurance policy to see if you have full glass coverage. if you do you can get it replaced for free. if the crack is small enough, they can repair it.

2 Likes

It does not matter how the crack got there. Do you have full glass coverage insurance? Make sure you get factory quality glass, there are a lot of poor quality windshields for sale.

3 Likes

This could be a stress crack from when the car was built and should be a warranty item, unless there’s a mark showing something hit it. Back to the dealer.

2 Likes

My wife was driving our new minivan no more than a week after we bought it and a stone hit the windshield and cracked it. We had to replace it. Stuff happens.

3 Likes

I agree, but I suggest that the OP take photos of the crack–and also save the documentation from the shop that replaces the glass–just in case there is later a service campaign or a class action suit relating to this problem. In situations like that, one can be reimbursed for repair expenses that were incurred.

1 Like

We called our auto insurer first, and they told us where to get it repaired. The car has a front sensor camera and that had to be transferred to the new windshield, then calibrated. All paid for by insurance.

1 Like