2021 Genesis - Cooling system kaput

I have similar problems with my 2021 Gv80. At less than 17,000 miles my entire cooling systems are not working. I find it very hard to get servicing from the dealerships near me. Live the SUV but the dealership experiences from purchase to servicing is the worse I have ever experienced.
So disappointed with this car!

Sorry you are having this problem, especially frustrating b/c the car is so new. And that dealership experience isn’t meeting your expectation. However, for best help here towards a solution , suggest to explain in more detail what sort of cooling system problems you are experiencing. If overheating, under what conditions is the problem worse, etc. If theres no heat in the passenger compartment, again, under what conditions? Is there any coolant leaking and puddling underneath the car? … etc…

Call Hyundai Corporate office, the number should be in your owners manual…

Is there not another Dealer anywhere close to you??

3 Likes

What does this mean? Have you been able to get service appointments? If so, what exactly did they say? Did they attempt to fix whatever this mystery issue is?

1 Like

+1
Hyundai is trying to establish a reputation for their Genesis vehicles as a premium brand. If one or more dealerships have not been able to satisfactorily remedy the OP’s complaints, then he needs to kick it up a notch to the corporate level.

The OP might want to request a meeting with Hyundai’s Regional Service Supervisor. These folks visit dealerships periodically, can frequently provide more expert knowledge than the mechanics at the dealership, and may be able to “motivate” the local Hyundai folks into doing more for you.

3 Likes

Entire cooling systems not working? No heat? Leaks? No auto temp control? No dash/vent control? I’m leaning towards auto climate control issues.

1 Like

+1
It would be nice if the OP returned to clarify “entire cooling system not working”.

If the cooling system was indeed kaput, the car would not be driveable, and–I assume–that he would have had it towed to the dealership, where they couldn’t ignore it.

It’s much more likely that the OP is having problems with the HVAC system, but unless he/she returns, we will never know for sure.

2 Likes

I have no air conditioning or seat cooling. I do get heat and heated seats.

I am a she​:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

No mechanic review? could be a rock punching a hole in the condenser, proper diagnosis needed.

I assume the seat cooling is from vented air? And the seat heat is from elec grid heaters? Or does the car send warm air to seat also? Not sure. I think it could send conditioned air to the seat. I’ve never owned such a high tech car.

The car is still under warranty. It’s the dealership!

The dealership said their shop is too full to take another car. When they take it it will be 4 days before they can give me a diagnosis. It’s now 2 weeks and no one has called. They say they have no loaners. Ha ha I am supposed to have concierge!

Time to look in the Owner’s Manual or warranty booklet that came with the car. In there should be a corporate customer service number to call. If you can calmly explain the situation and lack of effort on the dealer’s part to get your car fixed, they are likely to light a fire under them and you may find them more cooperative.

2 Likes

Thanks, I will

+1
Whatever the OP says to the Hyundai corporate folks via the phone, make sure that you don’t say “I’ll never buy another one of these vehicles”. Instead, tell them how much you love the car, but that you are extremely disappointed with both its problems and the dealership’s lack of action on your behalf.

You might also want to mention that their Lexus competition always provides loaner cars, so you are suprised that Genesis doesn’t have a similar policy.

2 Likes

Your title says “cooling system kaput”

Yet you say only the seat heaters and ac aren’t working

misleading and inaccurate title, imo

2 Likes

OP, when discussing this problem, you’ll get better results if you say “the air conditioning system isn’t working”.

A/C complaints are unusual here at this time of the year. I presume you are in a warmer climate. One common reason for A/C problems is the fans in the engine compartment aren’t spinning when they should be; i.e. anytime the A/C or Defrost is on. Hopefully the warranty remains in effect b/c the repair fee could be substantial, but once they get started it shouldn’t take much calendar time for your shop to diagnose & repair , esp on such a youthful vehicle.

1 Like

When the AC goes on does the compressor engage? You may need to lift the hood to make sure. When the compressor starts up you should hear the compressor clutch engage. The compressor runs off the drive belt. Don’t set the climate control to automatic unless it is warm where you are. You can set it to AC and set the temperature low to turn it on. Let us know if you aren’t sure how to do any of this.

Defrost should work also…

1 Like