2020 Mazda3 blower failure

Mazda3
42,0000 miles

The blower has stopped working. It doesn’t work for the heater or the AC. About three weeks before it quit, it started making a clicking noise. The control/selection panel functions fine. Before it comply quit, it would sometimes work intermittently. For example, I started my car and turned on the heater but the blower did not work. I left it on and about 15 minutes later it started working. Another time I had the air on, it was working fine. I turned it off and then back on and there was no air flow.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help.

The next time the blower doesn’t work, set the blower speed to high with the ignition switch on, reach under the passenger side of the dash, and with the handle of a screwdriver, rap on the blower motor.

If the blower starts working, replace the blower motor.

Tester

2 Likes

Another idea, maybe there’s some debris been sucked in an caught in the blower cage area. The fix involves nearly the same amount of work, just not replacing the motor. If that turns out to be the problem, suggest as a preventative to vacuum accumulated debris every once in a while from the fresh air inlet screen, usually located near the bottom of the windshield.

1 Like

I started my car intending to give the blower a technical tap or two but the blower was working. I will keep you updated. Thanks for the help.

I would pull the cabin air filter and inspect the blower for any blockage. It is very easy on Mazdas to get debris in the blower motor if you pull the filter out quickly and it has a lot of junk on it. Reach in and see if you can feel anything in the way and then try running the blower without the filter to see if anything happens.

1 Like