2020 Lincoln Aviator - Scrapes

My vehicle makes a scraping noise when putting into gears and moving, also my trunk door won’t open.
anyone know?

As for the scraping noise that may require a shop to see the vehicle in person as it could be a lot of things . The rear hatch has a button that locks the rear door you may have pressed it by mistake .

You also might still be in the warranty period which is listed in the owners manual .

3 Likes

There may be a brake pad wear indicator touching a rotor signaling to have the brakes inspected.

Tester

1 Like

There are a lot of different scraping sounds, so it is hard to give you an answer. I have had a rock get caught between the brake rotor and backing plate while driving down a gravel road. a branch get stuck under the vehicle and scrape when you moved. As far as the trunk door, the first thing to check is to see if there is a fuse for it that might be blown.

1 Like

Will it make the noise putting into gears and the vehicle not moving?? I am assume you mean Reverse and Drive only??

Need a little more detailed info…

I have found this TBS that might be your rear power lift gate problem.

MC-10212958-0001.pdf (nhtsa.gov)

My Ford truck started making a similar noise recently. Unrelated to the engine, only heard when moving, seemed to be coming from the right front wheel. After a 5 mile drive to the grocery store, I became annoyed by the sound & after parking at the grocery store, I felt all four wheels. The left rear wheel was indeed slightly warmer than the other 3. Then I felt that wheel’s brake drum, definitely on the hot side. So was thinking I"ll have to remove the drum for a look see when I get back to home base. But no need, the noise & heat disappeared on its own. I expect the brake shoes were slightly stuck. Not a big surprise, the truck had been parked since Thanksgiving … lol … Maybe OP can discover the cause in a similar manner.