2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wind noise

George has a great suggestion. Using painters tape to seal the door gaps and test drive. The seal does not have to be leaking to make sound. The cavity itself can become a resonant chamber. I have seen weird things like this occur where even a small change in location of a part (like the seal being slightly off the preferred location, can cause audible noise under the right conditions. The key here is to divide and conquer. Find what eliminates the noise and hone in on the cause.

Another WAG thought was if the normal exhaust path is obstructed and there is significant build up of positive pressure in the cabin that end up leaking past the seal and making noise in the process.

Several posters with 1 to 3 year old Jeeps posted this problem hereā€¦

That suggests a build problem with these SUVsā€¦ OR

I will suggest that it might be a tire problem. OEM tires that have not yet been replaced. Tires can make a hiss like wind noise. The tape idea would help you determine if IS wind noise or tire noise.

Post back with what you find, I am curious as to the cause.

December 2, 2020 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: S2023000045
Components: EQUIPMENT, STRUCTURE, EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE/MOBILITY

NHTSA ID Number: 10187640

Manufacturer Communication Number: S2023000045

Summary

Wind Noise Or Fluttering When Driving at Highway Speeds

4 Affected Products

1 Associated Document

Request Research (Services fees apply)

Hi @RandyStrader ,
I have found some thing strange that might causing the problem , I noticed there is a water leakage in the sunroof from the rear passenger side while I was washing my car.
I donā€™t know is it the problem or not but I thing it is worthy to have inspected.