2020 Chryler pacífica - RPM zero

Strange that the stop/start function was not operational from the beginning because you have to defeat it every time you start the engine. But there are conditions where that function temporarily defeats itself.

Confusing manual because each topic starts with “if equipped with this feature” and then does not show a picture of the various console layouts that would have the feature.

Typically the optional features are tied to a trim level. Checking on line sources can provide a list of trim level feature differences. This should only need to be done once.

Since we have moved to the owners manual for modern vehicles . Yes the manual plus the other booklets for Subaru Eyesite are large. But I have no trouble finding what I need and setting the features to how I want to use them.

2 Likes

On my Buick it’s on the RPM gauge. When engine is off due to stop\start function the needle is at 0 RPM “auto stop enabled”. If you turn the engine off the needle drops to another 0 below the auto stop 0.
My daughter’s Ford is different. When in auto stop, the tach reads 0, and a read out on the screen says autostop active.