2019 Toyota RAV4 - Odd malfunction

SRS malfunction after 37000 miles.
No accidents. It starts once per 2 weeks, every week, every
3rd day and now everyday.
Seems like, because of driver seat belt.

Do you have any water leaking into the vehicle? if so I have found the following…

As noted by many other 2019 thru 2021 Toyota Rav4 owners, there is significant water leakage intruding into the vehicle passenger compartment. I can confirm that the water intrusion that my vehicle has sustained is leaking through inadequately sealed holes for clips that are part of the Roof-rack side rails. And that this severe water intrusion is likely damaging the electrical system connectors associated with the vehicles Side Impact Air Bags and possibly the tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS) connectors in the side body pillar areas. Our local Toyota Dealership Service Center is aware of this problem

2019 Toyota Rav4 Water Leak at the Headliner | TOYO Headquarters

1 Like

Good idea above. Another, make sure there’s nothing on any of the seats other than people. Something like a briefcase on a seat might possibly confuse the SRS computer.

Warranty on the restraint system is 5 years/60,000 miles.

A briefcase should not cause a passive restraint system failure.

Example of a problem (water leakage) caused by something 90% of owners never use (roof racks) but get charged for. Kind of like sunroofs.