2019 Toyota Corolla high beams don’t always work

When using the automatic high beams the high beams works sometimes? sometimes no high beam or can’t dim them. Sometimes the whole dash dims or goes off completely. Sometimes comes back on randomly.
I have reported 3 times and advised nothing is wrong and told just don’t use them. Any repairs done to correct this problem for you???

Try a different dealership and if they don’t/can’t do anything elevate your complaint to corporate level. Instructions are in your owners manual. Save all documentation.

1 Like

How are the automatic high beams supposed to function? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of such a thing to be honest. What would the criteria be to induce the vehicle to automatically engage the high beams? How does it determine this condition exists?

Looks like I need to brush up on a new fangled feature here… I rarely use my high beams…but when I do…the impetus for me to use them lies completely with me, myself…and my ability to see…or not to see the road rather. So how would a vehicle know these things?

I have a bit of homework to do obviously.

Hmmm… Looks like I continue to learn something everyday… The answer to your question may lie in the feature description. It may be doing as it sees fit…despite not agreeing with your viewpoint… Just a thought anyway.

Actually, automatic high beams work very nicely in my 2019 Honda Accord: they use camera+radar not only for driver assistance like brakes and lane keep, but for headlights controls too.
At first, I was carefully watching it not to blind other drivers, but the system seems to be calibrated spot-on.

Do what Purebred says. Keep in mind that it will be difficult for the dealership to recreate your issue because they’re presumably open only during daylight hours, but that’s their problem, not yours.