2019 Subaru Outback redesign schedule

When will Subaru change the body design on the Outback? I want to buy one but not if they are about to change the design.

According to a lot of source, 2020 is the year of a new generation of Outback.

Me, I’d want to get one before they change it, for two reasons:

1. This will involve lots of other changes besides the body style, and those changes may have problems that take a year or two to work out. In other words, never buy the first year after a major model change.

2. I suspect the new design will be uglier than the present design.

Why would you suspect that?
A clue to Subaru’s very restrained direction with styling can be found with their new 7-passenger SUV, the Ascent.

The redesigned 2019 Forester also uses restrained design themes–vastly different from the… out there… designs of some newer Toyotas, Lexuses, and Nissans.

You may be right, and I’m just discouraged by the trends I see in Toyotas, and others.

The previous redesigns were in 2010 and 2015. According to CR, first year reliability of redesigned Subarus tends to support the warnings to avoid the first year of a redesign.

That just might be correct.
My 2011 Outback has had a total of one repair in the 84k miles/almost 8 years that I have owned it. After a couple of years, the float for the fluid level sensor in the WW fluid tank ceased functioning, so they just replaced the entire tank assembly, under warranty. Apparently, whatever gremlins existed in the clean-sheet 2010 design were resolved by the second model year of that design.