2019 RAM 1500 Wiper problem

Dodge RAM 1500 Tradesman, 2019, wipers quit in the middle of storm(s). I’ve had to get off the road and restart my truck to get them to come back on. This has happened a few times. Now, it’s days in between the wipers will come on. Taking it to the dealer to replace the motor. Could it be the motor? It sound more electrical to me.

I’d guess the most likely fault is either the switch you turn them on with, or a faulty computer module (e.g. body control module) or wiring connector to it. It could be the WW motor too, but seems less likely than the possibilities above b/c the motor works intermittently. However since the dealership thinks replacing the WW motor is the next step, they’re the experts with lots of experience w/your vehicle, so suggest to just let them continue to fix it for you. If replacing the WW motor doesn’t do the trick, they’ll know what to try after that.

Is there any mode where they work consistently? Some WW motors can be test-started with just a jumper wire to their relay circuit. You could ask if that test is possible w/your design. If they work ok with the jumper, that would pretty much eliminate a faulty motor as the cause.