2019 Jeep Wrangler - Paint pubbles

Paint bubbles starting to show on lower bottom of both doors (2 dr) am I covered .

Wrong place to ask. Read the warranty paperwork you got with the car or go to the Jeep website and see the warranty there.

But I doubt it will be covered.

1 Like

Read the corrosion warranty.

It depends.

Tester

Just my thoughts but if it is and adhesion issue between the primer and color coat, may be seen as a defect. If it is from sand blasting and rust forming under the nicks, I think unless there is perforation, it’s on you. But sure check with the dealer. But if you have rust firming, you want to repaint oronto.

It seems you are not the only one having this problem…

Class Action Says ‘Defect’ to Blame for Alleged Corrosion, Paint Problems on Jeep Wrangler, Gladiator Aluminum Body Panels

Kind of silly. Yes aluminum and galvanized require a little different prep, but to suggest that companies have duty to disclose their reports is a little extreme. There has to be hundreds of thousands of test reports on every system. You want failure resting results on ball joints, alternators, water pumps, metallurgic analysis on the various metals chosen, etc?

Sure people don’t want paint bubbles but it won’t corrode normally if you don’t allow the metal to be exposed.

Probably not, paint started bubbling up on my car’s hood a month after the 3/36k warranty expired. It’s gotten progressively worse over the years. I pointed it out to my dealer when it started happening. They said unless it’s rusted through, they weren’t going to do anything for me. I’ve been keeping up with it touch up paint, but I’m probably going to break down and have it repainted sooner or later.