2019 Ford F350 - Trailer brake issue

The fault code I found out on Thursday at Bell Ford

So if I found out what trips the orange light and it less than 20 amps then what ? Can you convince Ford to raise it ?

I canā€™t even get the dealer to open a work order.
Will being a part swapper solve the problem because my is set to low ?

Miley , what is with all the posts ? Canā€™t you just put it all in one ?

From post # 28 and 29, you indicated that the current limit is 27 amps. I found for the F350 that diagnostic fault occurs at 49 amps. How many amps does your trailer draw?

And risk causing a fire? The wiring has a current limit, also you have not proven there isnā€™t a short circuit in the brake system wiring.

OK, so I went back and hereā€™s what you stated in your opening post:

and

Too much circular discussion for me. Good luck.

I did and you complained that it was a wall of text

VOLVO-V70 Sep '22

Would it be asking too much to have some breaks and paragraphs instead of a wall of text .

1 Like

Too hard means it causes the warning light to come on. It doesnā€™t mean panic stop, or emergency stop, it could happen as you approach a green light and it turns yellow, and your not going to get thru the intersection with out running the red light so you apply the brake to hard and the light goes on. I have the engine brake on and the trailer brakes work except of the orange light and we stop in time. Or a small car cuts in front of you and reduces your stopping distance as you approach the intersection. Iā€™ll find the fault code I found online, I thought it was a policy number. The service manager looked up the fault code on his computer and there was no mention of the current limit under that fault code.

Read post # 28 again;

I know nothing of this problem but I just dealt with the folks at etrailer.Com again. They are a great bunch and know everything there is to know about hitches and trailer wiring. Might just be worth a call.

I did and because they donā€™t sell the Ford brake controller they quickly loose interested. I have spent a lot of money with them, the latest purchase is:

Order Summary
1 Item Awaiting Stock
Estimated Ship Date: 3/22/23
Current Monitor with 7-Blade Connector
ITEM # 6565
QTY: 1
$359.45
Tekonsha Current Monitor with 7 Blade Connector

This will measure the current and voltage output of the Ford trailer brake controller that feeds the trailer brakes.
If the current is the cause of the warning light I can then measure it and see the current level that trip/causes the warning light. Inside this box is 6 brake magnets so it looks like a triple axle with a brake on each tire