2018 Honda CR-V - Worried about engine repair

I’ve had three different Acuras over 12 years and they all used the same Honda filter and they all have been tightly shrink wrapped individually. It might be a little hard but with the course threads to screw it on, I think it could be done with the plastic still on. True it would puncture the center but the small holes would be plugged. I would think it would leak a little too since the gasket wouldn’t seal very well. I assume the large hole is the inlet and the small ones are the exit from the filter. I can’t think of any other way you’d get plastic in the engine though, but those filters are tightly wrapped, so much so that you have to be careful with a knife that you don’t damage the gasket. Yeah someone needs to help the OP get to the bottom of it. Like always sometimes the story changes over time.

Maybe Honda will be forced to print “remove before installation” in two or three languages before all is said and done.

1 Like

Hondas have a 7 year warranty!!! Call the damn dealer and make them fix the problem!
I just bought the 2017.
And I have Honda Care on top.
That is HONDA’S FAULT

The dealer is responsible, yes, but you can still complain to HONDA CORPORATE

And you are wrong , Honda did nothing wrong here . A dealer employee made a mistake .

2 Likes

It is still all Honda. Was the Mechanic at the Dealership?
In year 1-7 you should use their mechanics.

If not, then no, it would NOT be Honda’s fault.

A Honda dealership is not owned by Honda corporate, they are privately owned businesses with a license to sell and service Honda products.

3 Likes