2018 Honda CR-V - Does not heat up

Good to know about the 2017 CRV turbo idling, I have a 2018 CRV turbo EX my problem is it does not heat up until I drive away. Course the dealership says it’s OK normal I’ve reported to every outlet out there lemon law etc ,would like your opinion now thank you .

Too efficient? Buy a vehicle that consumes more fuel, it will generate more waste heat.

1 Like

What exactly is your complaint? Both my vehicles take at least 6 blocks to get to the low end of the normal range.

We don’t know how long you are waiting before you drive away.
If you are warming-up the car for 10 minutes (which you absolutely should not do…) and the engine isn’t yet putting-out heat, then there is a problem.

On the other hand, if you are operating it as you should with a modern vehicle, and are driving away after 30 seconds or 1 minute, then–of course–the engine is not yet putting-out heat.

This slow to heat up problem is normal for this engine. Many people have had problems with gasoline appearing in their oil, especially in colder climates. Not much you can do except change the oil a lot
more often than you would normally do in this era. Sorry.